Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Last Class or the End Times?

Tomorrow is my last class for the semester. I'm looking forward to the end. My brain, I think, is going to mush. Two days ago, I started working a fairy tale, a version of the Frog King. By the end of January, I hope I'll have a final draft. I was thinking of posting it on this blog, but I feel this blog is too political. Id rather not mix the two. So, I'll probably post a link up to that--just in case someone is interested.

Yesterday, here in China, the police arrested five-hundred members of a "Christian" cult. In China, the adjective "Christian" takes on peculiar qualities. These "Christians", it is reported, believe the End Times are at hand. I've always found cults and secret societies curious things. And they, along with art, seem to be the sort of thing that thrives in a closed society.

There's a book about witchcraft, soul stealers, corpse walkers, during the Qing dynasty. The Qing dynasty seemed to be plagued with cults. I'm not sure anyone has bothered writing a book about the cults and secret orders that must be, if history is any guide, operating in China as I write. I'd write it if I could, but first I have to do the Frog King justice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overton Window vs. Ratchet

The New Right, whatever they want to call themselves, is obsessed with a few key ideas. One of the most prominent of those ideas is the Over...