Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Back and Cooking with Steam

Term is sneaking up on me. I'm happy to report that I had a quite decent vacation in Guangdong/Hong Kong. We did lots and lots, but in the interest of brevity I'll limit myself to making three remarks.

1. I love Hong Kong milk tea.

2. King Rat is an amazing book.

3. Cooking with steam is a whole lot of fun.

All of those things deserve more in-depth treatment, but I find I need to rest up from my holiday.

People coming to the site for Chinese idioms, pronouns, Chinese language information in general, don't worry; I haven't forgotten about you. New posts will be coming your way.

Also, my economics class has either already started or is about to start. It is a distance module via the School of Oriental and African Studies. Last year I didn't exactly take to the online learning enviroment. So I will be posting more economic related topics for the next twenty weeks or so.

In fine, Happy Spring Festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overton Window vs. Ratchet

The New Right, whatever they want to call themselves, is obsessed with a few key ideas. One of the most prominent of those ideas is the Over...